Saturday, September 5, 2009

Oregon Poet


During a recent trip to Oregon, we had the pleasure of photographing our friend, Dr. Malcolm MacGregor, for his new book. We gave him the challenge of putting his portrait experience into poetry. The following is entitled "The Picture Man".

There I sat like clay
To be molded and fit his plan
Ne'er turn nor sway
Conjuring up smile or deadpan

Giving up liberty to become his pawn
Unforeseen trust to muster up
Dry not green this lawn
Tasteless soup to sup

Assistants hover around me
Holding mirrors that bend the light
I cannot turn to see
Helpless is my plight

See or avoid that lens eye
Please make up your mind
Heartless tyrant to decry
For humanity he is blind

Finally I saw his picture goal
Where are all my flaws?
A miracle he did extol
Easy at last to join his cause

Like all men of noble intent
Misjudged, scored, and doubted
Buoyed by what he does invent
In the end, a hero, to be touted

No comments: